COVID-19 update as of: July 2 2020
The health and safety of our participants, staff, volunteers and our community is our top priority during these times. We are following the guidelines as laid out by the City of Calgary and Government of Alberta, and have developed a business continuity plan for The Doorway and taken measures to do our part to reduce the risk and slow the spread of this virus. One aspect of this is Social Distancing, which means limiting our contact with each other.
What does this mean for The Doorway?
Our space is open to participants Mondays and Wednesdays from Noon to 5pm.
We are offering our Distance Process (business via phone) Tuesdays and Thursdays Noon to 5pm.
In Space Safety:
- There will be a maximum of 3 participants completing business in the space at any given time.Participants can book a cubicle ahead of time to avoid waiting.
- Cubicles can be booked up to one week in advance by calling or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You will have a two hour window to use how you desire.
- If you prefer to not book you are welcome to drop-in when is convenient for you on Monday or Wednesday from noon – 5pm, but please consider this could mean you have to wait in one of our safe waiting areas.
- All individuals in the space must remain 2 meters apart from other individuals at all times.
- Staff will direct you to your own personal work station and offer to serve you a meal and care pack with any items you are in need of.
Contact us before coming to the space
Participants who are in need of contracting can:
Write their plans online at www.myplanonline.ca/login
Contract their plans by calling 403-269-6658
Receive their incentives via E-transfer
Food / Hygiene Supplies:
If participants are concerned about food or hygiene supplies please contact us using one of the methods above.
– offer additional support, at this time the best way to do this is to contact us and ask our young people’s needs.