COVID-19 update as of: Aug.31 2020
The health and safety of our participants, staff, volunteers and our community is our top priority during these times. We are following the guidelines as laid out by the City of Calgary and Government of Alberta, and have developed a business continuity plan for The Doorway and taken measures to do our part to reduce the risk and slow the spread of this virus. One aspect of this is Social Distancing, which means limiting our contact with each other.
What does this mean for The Doorway?
Our space is open to participants Mondays to Thursday Noon to 5pm
We are offering our Distance Process (business via phone) to current participants by appointment only.
For our entire community’s safety we will be maintaining the following:
- all individuals inside the space wearing a mask or face covering
- maintaining 2-meter distance between each individual at all times
- assigning and sanitizing individual work stations
- providing participants with the ability to book and guarantee themselves a work station
- a maximum amount of participants allowed in the space
- serving food/community corner items upon request rather than communal/self-serve.
- only visiting the space if you are in good health. If you are sick or have symptoms such as a cough, runny nose, fever, etc. we can not welcome you into the space.
Contact us before coming to the space
– offer additional support, at this time the best way to do this is to contact us and ask our young people’s needs.