Our Community Corner is where young people can comfortably access items they need without having to ask. Community members bring by hygiene supplies, used clothing, kitchen items, small housewares, non-perishable food items and more. These drop offs enable our young people to freshen up for a job interview, coffee with an old friend or family member or to simply feel better for the day ahead. The saying is true ‘When you look good you feel good!’, especially when you are young. Participants can also grab a small amount of kitchen and housing items for when they first move into a place or they can pack a suitcase of all the required items they need for Drug/Alcohol Treatment. The following short lists highlights some of the most needed items at this time, please know we are grateful for your drop off but due to COVID-19 restrictions request you call before arriving. Please call 403-269-6658, our business hours are Mon – Thurs 8am to 5pm.
– Men’s clothing
– Travel sunscreen and Aloe
– Lip Chap
– Towels / Face Cloths
– Grocery store gift cards
– Used Cell Phones (COVID-19 restrictions have increased the need for people on the street to have cell phones to connect with services)
– Bottled Water
– Travel tooth brushes
– Travel deodorant
– Mens and womens underwear
– hair ties (good quality)
– Juice Boxes
– Travel snacks (apple sauce tubes, Go-gurt, fruit cups, cheese and crackers, nuts, meat sticks etc.)
– Grocery store gift cards (to purchase fresh fruit before we go out)
Regular Community Corner Items (please see our most needed items list above to know our most critical needs at this time):
– Hoodies, t-shirts, tank tops, long sleeved shirts, jeans, leggings, sweat pants. boxers, bras, underwear, socks, bathing suits
– Shampoo/conditioner (full and travel sized), body wash/lotion (full and travel size), hair products. hair brushes, deodorant, tooth brush/paste, toothbrush covers, lip chap, Q-tips, make up remover pads, towels, face cloths, razors/disposable razors, shaving cream, dental floss, tooth brushes, tooth brush covers, lip chap, personal sized Kleenex, hair brushes, combs, tampons.
-Mini gloves, toques, winter jackets, boots, hand warmers, toe warmers,
– Head phones, phone chargers, journals, day planners, art supplies, backpacks, belts, purses, make-up, transit tickets, pad locks, thermoses/travel mugs, water bottles, Styrofoam cups.
Granola bars, single serving oatmeal, crackers, individual serving hot chocolate, tea bags, fruit cups, single serve cereals, noodle cups.
– Grocery stores, gas stations, Walmart, Tim Horton’s, Subway, McDonalds, Shopping Malls, Marks Work Warehouse, Great clips