Steps off the Street Virtual Run/Walk 2021
Live Stream: Sunday April 18
Presented by: Servus Credit Union
In consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic and our focus on keeping everyone safe, this years Steps off the Street will be a virtual event! Runners and walkers will have from April 1 to April 18 to complete a run or walk and submit a screenshot, photo or selfie to us. All runners and walkers will be entered into a draw for prizes! There will be a live event on Sunday April 18th at 1pm to celebrate and come together virtually on Facebook and Instagram!
Over the past six years you have raised over $40,000 in support of The Doorway and young people who want to get off the street. Thank you for investing in us and making lasting change for young people. No young person should have given up on their future before the age of 24. We are a community here to listen without judgement. We give young people a safe space where they can tap into their innate wisdom and chart their own path forward. Change is possible!
Sign up now to join us for Steps off the Street Virtual Run/Walk 2021! This years goal is to have more than 80 Walkers and Runners across Canada and raise $25,000 or more to support youth in getting off the street and making lasting change! This year helping make this possible is Shaw Birdies for Kids presented by Altalink, every donation will be matched by up to 50% by a generous collection of corporate sponsors.
Virtual Walk or Run:
When: Anytime you choose between April 1 and April 18th before Noon.
Where: Anywhere you choose! Run, Walk or Roll 3K, 5K or walk to your favorite view, a pathway near by or around a neighborhood you love. Don’t forget to e-mail us a photo of you, the view or a screenshot of your fitness app to be entered you into our draw for prizes!
Race Package Pick Up Day:
We have race packages for all race participants including a 2021 Steps off the Street t-shirt!
When: Friday April 16th from 3-6pm
Where: The Doorway – Bay 10, 2808 Ogden Road SE T2G 5R7 (Junk in the Trunk thrift store is our neighbor!)
Live Stream :
Join us on April 18th at 1pm on Instagram or Facebook for thank you’s, prizes and our fundraising total.
Ways to Make Change Possible:
Walk or Run and Fund-raise:
- Sign up either as a individual or team to Run or Walk.
- Ask your friends, family and co-workers to join your team or start a team of their own.
- Create a fundraising page and fundraising goal using the Running Rooms website and circulate it to your friends and family.
- Create healthy competition as you “compete” for our prizes for the highest fundraising individuals and Teams.
- Consider corporate matching programs and how you can utilize them to a maximum for this event.
- Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on social media and share our e-mails and posts. Your support grows our reach across Canada and our impact!
- If you can’t attend Steps off the Street, make a donation in your absence.
Corporate/Small Business Sponsorship:
- Donate a prize to encourage fundraising and be distributed to the highest fundraising individuals or teams.
- Sponsor Steps off the Street and receive a number of exposure opportunities! Contact Cindy Neufled to learn more.
We thank everyone who has supported Steps off the Street through registering, fundraising, volunteering or sponsorship.
Thank you to our sponsors of Steps off the Street