Steps off the Street Run or Walk
Steps off the Street 2020 will be on Sunday April 19 @ 10 AM
2020 marks the 5th Anniversary for Steps off the Street! Over the past five years you have raised over $40, 000 in support of The Doorway and young people who want to get off the street. Thank you for investing in us and making lasting change for young people.
No young person should have given up on their future before the age of 24. We are a community here to listen without judgement. We give young people a safe space where they can tap into their innate wisdom and chart their own path forward. Change is possible!
Sign up now to join us at Steps off the Street 2020! This years goal is have more than 80 Walkers and Runners and raise $30, 000 or more!
When: Sunday April 19th 2020 @ 10am (Registration from 9 – 9:30 am)
Where: Registration at Eau Claire Market (200 Barclay Parade SW #202, Calgary, AB T2P 4R5)
Walk or Run:
- Sign up either as a individual or team to Run or Walk.
Ask your friends, family and co-workers to join your team or start a team of their own.
- Create a fundraising page and fundraising goal using the Running Rooms website and circulate it to your friends and family.
- Create healthy competition as you “compete” for our Most Funds-raised Individual or Team.
- Consider corporate matching programs and how you can utilize them to a maximum for this event.
- Volunteer on the day of the Run/Walk as a course marshal or at the registration table.
- Subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on social media and share our e-mails and posts.
- If you can’t attend Steps off the Street, make a donation in your absence.
- Opt to have up to 50% of your donation matched by Shaw Charity Classic’s program Birdies for Kids. Step 1: Donate on their Website after February 1 2020 (select The Doorway when filling in ‘Participating Charity’). Step 2: Send firstname.lastname@example.org your confirmation e-mail so we can add your donation to our fundraising total! Include the name of the person you would like to pledge and we will add it to their total.