Community volunteers directly support young people every day in our space! We are eager to welcome and train new volunteers as we grow a stronger and more diverse group of community members to support our young people. Community members working alongside young people, witness individual Planning Processes and LEARN about leaving the streets culture.
We also engage community members:
1. With professional skill sets that could contribute to the success of The Doorway (Event planning, Fundraising, Research, Web Design, Etc.)!
2. Who have the time and attention to give and prefer task oriented positions (Data entry, Event support, Community Corner etc.)
Please contact email@example.com to inquire.
Each Internship Opportunity is determined on an individual basis.
The Doorway purpose and goal for each experience is to maximize the unique fit each person brings to the learning opportunity. Particular emphasis will be to explore and understand the role of community participating with young people building self-determined personal change.
- The Doorway offers flexible internship opportunities tailored to the learning goals of each individual student, community member, organization, … interested person.
- Students : We seek 2nd and more years of study as a ground for consideration of your own commitment toward potential personal practice .
- Mature students and University and College Practicum placements and are always welcome to apply.
- Time frame of each placement will be negotiated on a mutually agreed and created contract basis as required be each individual circumstance and goals.